Tourego Pte. Ltd. (‘Tourego’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
- to facilitate your use of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services;
- to process your request which is submitted through Tourego Platforms or Partner Platforms, whether with the assistance of an attending staff of a Tourego Retailer or otherwise;
- to update you on the status of your request application and for customer support purposes;
- to compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- to administer your account including to (i) audit the downloading of data from Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms; (ii) improve and/or customise the layout and/or content of the pages of Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms; (iii) identify visitors on Tourego Platforms and/or Partner Platforms; (iv) carry out research on user demographics and behaviour; and (v) provide you with information, offers, deals, and/or marketing or promotional materials which you may find useful or have requested from us, including information about Tourego Retailers, provided that you have not objected to receiving such information by unsubscribing using the function available within Tourego Platforms;
- to collect your location data to enable Tourego to provide you with a reminder, when you arrive at designated departure locations (e.g. Singapore Changi Airport), to complete your application process for your GST refund, even when the app is closed or not in use and it is also used to support advertising;
- to provide you with such personalized service as may be offered by our Tourego Retailers from time to time, provided that you have not objected to receiving such service which and you may unsubscribe from receiving such materials at any time by using the unsubscribe function within Tourego Platforms;
- to conduct market research and analysis and produce aggregate statistical data and reports relating to the same for third parties provided that such information is anonymised and aggregated before sharing; and
- to governmental, regulatory or law enforcement authorities in exceptional circumstances such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfilment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
Scope of Terms
Collection of Information
We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us while using Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services and information about how you use Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services including when you register your account (‘Account’), visit or use Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services. Providing your Personal Information to Tourego is always on a voluntary basis. However, certain Services may not be available if you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information. For example, you will be unable to register for an Account with us or request for Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) refund if we do not collect your full name and passport information.
- Account RegistrationWhen you register an Account with us or amend any information of your Account, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your full name, date of birth, passport number, nationality, email address, username, password and contact number.
- Visit Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services for the Services or Using the Services:When you visit Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services (even if you have not registered or logged into your Account) for any intended Services or use the Services, we may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below:
- Copies of correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us, and between you and the Partner Platforms;
- Information necessary to process your GST refund request (including but not limited to your full name, date of birth, passport number, nationality);
- Details of your usage of Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services (including traffic data, location data and length of user sessions);
- Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by Tourego relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by Tourego;
- Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third-party services provider by using or accessing to Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services (including the log-in name and password for your Account, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, device information (including unique device identifier), pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
- Location InformationWhen you use your mobile devices to visit Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services, we may collect information about you and your mobile device as stated above. This can include location information if you have consented and configured your mobile device to send us such information, even when the app is closed or not in use, for the purposes as stated in this Policy. For example, we may use your location to provide you with an in-app notification reminder to complete your GST refund application process when you have arrived at the designated departure locations (e.g. Singapore Changi Airport). We may also use your location to support advertising activities, such as providing you with discounts and promotions when you are within proximity of our participating retailers. You can change your mobile device’s privacy settings at any time to deactivate the function of sharing location information. Please note that some features of Tourego Platforms may be affected if you turn off such location sharing function. Should you have any enquiries about your mobile devices’ privacy settings, we recommend you contacting your mobile services provider or the manufacturer of your device;
Storage of Information
When it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymise the data or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information.
We will endeavour to anonymise or aggregate your data if we intend to use it for analytical purposes or trend analysis.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Tourego does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent Tourego has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall Tourego be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorised access to or use of your Personal Information.
All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not to share your password with any third party.
Usage of Information
We process the Personal Information collected in as far as necessary for performance of the contract with and providing services to you. Besides, we process the other Personal Information collected on the basis of our legitimate interests, which are the further improvement of the services and for direct marketing purposes.
For example, Tourego will use Personal Information and other data collected through Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services to create your Account, to process your GST refund request, to provide you with Tourego Services, to continually improve Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services, and to contact you in relation to Tourego Services. This includes using your Personal Information or such other data to achieve better customer support and to provide you with timely notice of new Tourego Services and special offers.
Disclosure of Information
We may from time to time share and disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include without limitation, the following:
- To successfully complete the requested Tourego Services, or to otherwise implement our Terms and Conditions. We may share your information with Partner Platforms or third parties (including but not limited to retailers, restaurants, shops, transportation companies, banks, credit card brands, hotels, etc.), both within and outside your home country, who deliver or provide goods and services or otherwise act on our behalf.
- To our third-party service providers (including Google Analytics), which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
- If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
- Within the Tourego group of companies. In case of a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or its authorised third party for carrying on our business.
- To our advisors, agencies or other parties concerned in order to protect the rights and property of Tourego.
- In any other case, to any third parties with your prior written consent (and in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent as easily as it was to provide consent).
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with relevant third parties, including our advertisers. Such information does not contain any Personal Information and will not identify you personally. However, in some occasions, these third parties may possess information about you or obtain your information from other sources. When they combine such information with our aggregate information, they may be able to identify you personally.
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of your home country and outside of the European Union, for the abovementioned purposes. If such transfer takes place to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection, Tourego will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place. Such safeguards include but are not limited to (i) standard contractual clauses of the European Commission; (ii) the EU-US and Switzerland-US privacy shield; and/or (iii) any other appropriate cross-border transfer mechanisms.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. When you visit Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services, we collect some of your Personal Information transmitted to us by your device via cookies. This enables you to access Tourego Platforms, Partner Platforms and/or Tourego Services and helps us to create better user experience for you.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to our continual use and/or disclosure of any information provided by you (including any personal data) for any of the purposes and in the manner stated above at any time by contacting us at our e-mail address below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of such information, depending on the nature of your withdrawal, we may not be in a position to continue to provide Tourego Services to you. In such an event, our rights are expressly reserved.
You may at all times make your data access, correction or erasure request by sending your request by email at hello@sg_stg2021.tourego.com
Where mandatory under applicable legislation, you may also request restriction of processing of your Personal Information or object to processing by sending your request or objection by email at hello@sg_stg2021.tourego.com
. You may also request a copy of the information that we hold about you by sending your request by email at hello@sg_stg2021.tourego.com
Please contact us via the contact details mentioned below if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
When handling any of these requests described above, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the request.